General information about Soi Sim island
Soi Sim island lies on the southwest of Halong tourism complex, about over 10 kilometers from Bai Chay and within 700 meters from famous Titop island.
The whole simple and pristine Soi Sim island
Stretching over 8.7 hectares, the island is the only place in Halong Bay having the most myrtle trees - a kind of plant making the name of the island (Soi Sim island). In the summer, when tourism is becoming popular, Soi Sim island is always the most crowded place to go sightseeing and admire flowers on the island.
How to travel to Soi Sim island?From Hanoi to Halong
- By motorbike: Begin from Hanoi – Sai Dong – Bac Ninh – Pha Lai - Chi Linh – Dong Trieu – Uong Bi – Halong
- By coach: Start at 6 am from My Dinh station to Bai Chay station. Ticket price is from 100.000 VND to 180.000 VND.
- By coach: You can take: Kumho, An Binh, Hoang Phu,… with the ticket price from 900.000 VND/ person.
- By plane: The most convenient way to the destination is by plane: Tan San Nhat airport - Cat Bi airport - Halong
If you reach harbor no. 2, you have gone for a half way to Soi Sim island. The ticket price is 150.000 VND/person.
What is interesting in Soi Sim island?
One of the most favorite destination to be visited on Soi Sim island is Soi Sim beach. The peaceful environment, fresh water and long sandy beach are the highlights in this island.Exploring the abundant ecosystem
Natural beauty of the island
Because the island is not exploited so much for tourism and impacted by the people, soi Sim island still remains its natural beauty.Renting a water - motorbike to explore the island
Interesting kind of entertainment in Soi Sim island
Renting motorbike service to explore the island is always available for tourists. The price for renting a water - motorbike is about 400.000 VND.Ladder system is over 400 steps to the top of Soi Sim
Although there are not any adventure games such as parachuting for tourists to admire the island from the high distance, Soi sim island has a unique road to the top of the mountain with more than 400 ladders.
The unique road to the top of Soi Sim mountain
From the top of the mountain, you can view the whole beauty of Halong Bay - a famous natural heritage in the world.Admiring the heaven of myrtle flowers.
From the end of April is the myrtle flower season and until the end of August is the ripe myrtle fruits.
What to eat in Soi Sim island?
There are many delicious food to try such as Sa Sung, Cu Ky, banh gat gu, cha muc...
Things to be noted when visiting Soi Sim islandThings to be done:
- It is better to visit the island from March to May or from August to October.
- Checking carefully your bag before coming to the island
- You should prepare some snacks before visiting the island if you want because you will find no store on the island
- You should travel in groups
- The island is very clean and unspoiled. Don’t litter anything on the island to protect the environment;
- If you are not good at swimming, don’t swim too far, especially when there is nobody
Maybe you are interested: